To every thing there is a season, and a time for every purpose under the heaven.


Thursday, April 28, 2011

Tuscaloosa Tornado

When I did my master's at the University of Alabama, I lived in an apartment complex on 15th St. in Tuscaloosa, just one mile from the corner of McFarland Blvd. and the University Mall. Today, I'm seeing video on the national news of that area as it was ravaged by a monster tornado. I haven't been able to see my apartment complex in any photos or videos, but it's hard to believe it could have escaped being damaged. From what I can tell, it looks like the tornado came from the stadium down 15th to the mall and then veered somewhat north to go through the Alberta City area, but it would have been within a few blocks of my place. Scary stuff. My heart goes out to all those affected. This video was taken from the mall parking lot by someone with nerves of steel.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...